Tuesday 14 December 2010

Arrived in Nha Trang

Yesterday afternoon/evening we had a fair amount of time to kill while waiting for our 9pm sleeper coach so we chilled out in the park, when three locals came up to speak to us as they wanted to practise their English. It was really good to have a chat with Lan, Coung and Ha and learn some of the culture in Vietnam.

Me and Isabella arrived in Nha Trang this morning after getting the sleeper coach last night which took ten hours and only cost about £4.25. This woman sat in front of me decided to completely recline her seat as soon as she got on the coach though, which meant her seat was right in my face, I couldn't even lean forward to reach into my bag her seat was so far back. After we got got going and the lights were dimmed so I reclined mine too! As usual I didn't sleep too well, so I caught up on that this morning once we checked into the hotel.

The beach outside our hotel in Nha Trang
Our hotel is good value and it's right on the beach... literally just walk across the road. It was raining this morning but had cleared up this afternoon, the next few days are meant to be good so hopefully we can chill out on the beach. I checked the weather everywhere in Thailand and Vietnam and it's raining everywhere so I don't think we can avoid it! This evening we went to a tradtional Vietnamese restaurant that Owen (the owner of our hotel) recommended, and both had beef noodle soup. Two drinks and two mains came to £1.80! I'm still amazed at how cheap some things are out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment