Monday 13 December 2010

Last Night in Ho Chi Minh City

Tonight is our last night Ho Chi Minh City before we get the sleeper coach tomorrow evening to Nha Trang, which is rougly 10 hours away on the east coast. I got a few photos today, but I haven't really been bothered to, when it's this hot and humid is such a pain to have to get my camera out the bag!

I still cant get over how manic this city really is, and it's difficult getting used to crossing the roads like you have a death wish. I was reading a magazine in a cafe today which gave tips to the roads in Vietnam. It said that if someone is in front of you in your line of sight then you have to give way to them. I don't know how the hell this works, but it seems to, even though people on bikes on purposely don't look at each other so they don't have to give way to them.

The street near our guesthouse, Ho Chi Minh City
A local tried to sell us a ride on his bike
Told you it was busy, and today was Sunday!
Got to be honest, seeing this did make my day a little bit...

Lamborghini in Ho Chi Minh City
Lamborghini in Ho Chi Minh
Today we visited Ho Chi Minh's War Remnants Museum, it was a bit of an eye opener to say the least. Before I visited I didn't know much about the war in Vietnam, but it made me realise really how bad the war was, and how many people are still seeing affects from it. Apparently 80grams of Dioxin is enough to wipeout 8,000,000 people, and the Americans admitted to using 172kg diluted to 72,000,000 litres. People that came into contact with the chemical and didn't die that have since had offspring, have had children born with diseases and mutations. Didn't put me in the greatest mood, but was definitely worth the visit.

War Remnants Museum, Ho Chi Minh City
War Remnants Museum, Ho Chi Minh City
Tomorrow evening me and Isabella are getting the sleeper coach for the 10 hour drive to Nha Trang on the east coast. Hopefully the beach there will give us a nice break from the hussle and bussle from Ho Chi Minh City. We found another nice guest house run by a couple in just outside the centre of Nha Trang which is only £6.50 a night! So hopefully its nice... I'll you all know Tomorrow evening me and Isabella are getting the sleeper coach for the 10 hour drive to Nha Trang on the east coast. Hopefully the beach there will give us a nice break from the hussle and bussle from Ho Chi Minh City. We found another nice guest house run by a couple in just outside the centre of Nha Trang which is only £6.50 a night! So hopefully its nice... I'll you all know the day after tomorrow when I arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment