Tuesday 21 December 2010

Nha Trang Beach

The weather started off a lot nicer this morning... blazing sunshine! So we got up, showered and went to our favourite cafe in Nha Trang for some breakfast where I had a ham and pepper omelette and Izzy had a french stick with jam. I'm addicted to the juice in this country because every restaurant/cafe make it in a blender with the fruit, no crap out of a carton.

After breakfast we went down to the beach to soak up the rays, and I decided to take a dip in the sea because I haven't been in it yet this whole trip. There is nearly no tide in Nha Trang, the waves are huge but they break right on the shore so when walking into the water it goes from ankle depth to crazy waves that wipe you off your feet in the space of a few metres.

I took my little fuji camera in the water with me to try and get some photos of the waves... I now have a massive respect for photographers that photograph surfers and the sea as it is so hard! Trying to concentrate on taking a photo, setting up the composition and pushing the button while the sea sucks you in and spits you out in the waves is nigh on impossible. I edited the photos a bit to try and make them look a bit more interesting because by the time I got some photos that you could actually make out the waves, the cloud came over so they all looked quite dull. Enjoy!

Nha Trang Beach
Nha Trang Beach
Although as I said, it's so hard trying to take a photo of a big wave, that most of the time I got nailed by it and the photos came out like this...
Nha Trang Beach... Underwater
Hopefully next time I'll get some better photos now I have a bit of practice, although the main reason I bought a waterproof camera is to take photos of the reefs when we go snorkelling in Australia. I can't wait for that!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Looking forward to seeing the shots from Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out mygreenlabelblog.com for my latest works :) Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool they look good mate, very moody! Yeah I'm looking forward to taking some photos there... it was so addictive in the sea with a camera yesterday. Hope you're good

    ReplyDelete