Saturday 25 December 2010

Happy Christmas from Nha Trang

Happy Christmas 2010! What a nice Christmas we've had so far... last night was really nice, we went out for dinner at Da Fernando's Italian Restaurant. Fernando, the guy that owns it, is an Italian. It's not the cheapest place in Nha Trang to eat, but it is so tasty. I had some bruschetta to start with carbonara for main, not forgetting the Saigon Beer, while Izzy had gnocchi for main and a Coke. Then we took a walk down to the beach, where masses of locals were all sat in groups having BBQ's. It was like a huge beach party.

Christmas Eve, Nha Trang Beach

So this morning we had a nice lay in, then leisurely made our way to Lantern's Restaurant for our favourite breakfast of Nha Trang. I had a tomato and onion omelette and Izzy had her usual Lipton tea and a pancake with honey.



Next Izzy got her acrylic nails filled and painted with a design on them as they were growing out, and I thought I would treat myself and get a suit made. I read some reviews online of the best place in Nha Trang to get a suit made and a place called 'Hoi An Tailors' seem to keep coming up. Hoi An is a city further north which is famous for its 500 tailors, but because we aren't sure if we are going to go there, and also because it is famous for tailors it will probably be a bit more expensive. The tailors here in Nha Trang looks pretty swish,  it wasn't the cheapest around, but looked the best. I managed to negotiate almost 1million Dong (£30ish) off the price of 1 suit and 2 shirts. Total came to 4.2 million dong (£135).
I brought a tatty suit and shirt with me that are a bit worn out, but they fit really well, and they keep the measurements on record so if ever I want a suit or shirt they can make it and post it to me. I was able to choose the materials for the outer (I forgot to ask what it was but it was in the expensive pile) in a dark grey with a light grey silk lining and black silk detail on the inner pockets. I'm pretty excited about it so hopefully it will look nice. I'll upload a photo when I pick it up in two days time.

There was also quite a cool looking dirt-tracker style bike outside...


Now it was about 1:30pm so we beelined for the beach! Stopping off on the way to get an awesome baguette for only 15,000 Dong from a lady on the street corner. Sounds dodgy, but she makes the best baguettes with soy sauce in.





Have a good Christmas and New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment