Friday 24 December 2010

Christmas Eve in Nha Trang

I can't believe it's Christmas eve already, time has flown by. There are a few seasonal signs here and there and several adverts on the western channels on TV but otherwise it really doesn't feel like Christmas here. We've had some great weather now, and I've been in the sea pretty much every day for the last few days. Starting to look a bit brown now and not like a typical british tourist on the beach by blinding people with the whiteness of my skin.

Local kids playing football on the beach


 We've been eating some pretty good grub too! Everyday we buy some fruit from the crazy lady on the beach (and we've started buying mento's from another crazy lady as well now) and the local restaurants are brilliant. Most mornings I'll have have a tomato and onion omelette and Izzy will have a pancake, the beef/chicken noodle soup just hasn't been doing it for me first thing in the morning. The last two nights we've been to a restaurant called 'Local' which is Vietnamese owned and run, but as well as traditional dishes they do amazing pizza's and other common western food, which sometimes you just need!


Spring Rolls! 'Local Restaurant' Nha Trang
Saigon Beer is about 25p a bottle
Pizza and Fajitas in 'Local'

'Local Restaurant' Nha Trang

Today we went to Cho Dam Market to check it because we haven't done anything other then sit on the beach for the last week. It was surprising how different it was to some of the markets we've visited in Ho Chi Minh City. There was next to no room in the walk ways, and bikes were still managing to drive down them! We saw some crazy things for sale too such as tea with snake vemon in it! There was also every type of fruit and veg you could think of and the ones you couldn't. I haven't uploaded many photos recently so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to... Typical, when we got there and I took my camera out the bag, I realised I left the battery at the hotel, so I took these photos were on Izzy's Canon Ixus.

Tea, Cho Dam Market, Nha Trang

Fruit & Veg, Cho Dam Market, Nha Trang

Scorpion and Snake in a Jar, Cho Dam Market, Nha Trang

Cobra in a Jar, Cho Dam Market, Nha Trang

Cho Dam Market, Nha Trang
I have a new love of Scooters in Vietnam

No comments:

Post a Comment